top of page
Newspapers

IN THE NEWS

Press coverage

International organized crime groups behind rise in online sextortion complaints: N.B. RCMP (Global News)

(March 2, 2023) New Brunswick RCMP are urging parents to talk to their teens about internet safety after a rise in “sextortion” complaints across the province, particularly in the Moncton region.

Show more...

Changes coming to N.B. school systems to better address cyber sexual harassment (Global News)

(April 28, 2022) The manager of the Southeastern Sexual Assault Center, a group that works with survivors of sexual assault in Southeastern New Brunswick, believes there has been an increase in sexual violence perpetrated online throughout the pandemic.

Show More...

THE 2018 EDITION OF WALK A MILE IN HER SHOES® RAISES OVER $32,000 FOR THE NEW SOUTH EAST SEXUAL ASSAULT CENTRE (PRESS RELEASE)

June 26, 2018; Moncton - $32,734,00 was donated to the new South East Sexual Assault Centre by the event Walk a Mile in Her Shoes®, held in Moncton on the 25th May.

"This sum will allow us to strengthen our operations, including training for our workers and volunteers, short- and long-term response services, escort during medical, police and legal procedures, and information and guidance services for survivors," explains Geneviève L. Latour, director of the centre.

Show more...

MEDAVIE DONATES $75,000 TO CROSSROADS FOR WOMEN (Press Release)

June 21, 2018 - Medavie Health Foundation is donating a $75,000 grant to Crossroads for Women, a Moncton-based women's organization. Crossroads for Women will receive $25,000 a year for three years, which will go toward its South-East Sexual Assault Centre to ensure victims "receive timely access to trauma-informed care,", a press release from Medavie stated.

Show more...

MONCTON WOMAN SHARES PERSONAL STORY TO HELP OTHER SEXUAL ASSAULT SURVIVORS (GLOBAL NEWS)

May 25, 2018 - A Moncton woman says sharing her story of being a sexual assault survivor has opened the door to helping others. Marie-Hélène Michaud posted a video to her Facebook page in French this time last year. In the video, she reveals that she was sexually assaulted as a child and also at the age of 17.

Show more...

MEN STEP UP IN HEELS, RAISE 27K FOR ASSAULT CENTRE (TIMES &TRANSCRIPT)

May 25​, 2018; Moncton - ​More than 50 men squeezed their feet into high-heeled women's shoes for a noon-hour walk down Main Street Friday, raising $27,190 for the new South East Sexual Assault Centre.

Show more...

THE EVENT WALK A MILE IN HER SHOES® IN SUPPORT OF THE NEW SOUTH EAST SEXUAL ASSAULT CENTRE (PRESS RELEASE)

Apr. 10, 2018 - Robert Basque, a well-known lawyer in the region, will be the honorary chair of the event. He believes that it is necessary to speak to men about violence against women. “This isn’t a problem with women, it’s OUR problem. It is important that the men who want to see an end to this violence commit to tackling it, by being both vocal and visible”, explains Mr. Basque.Robert Basque, a well-known lawyer in the region, will be the honorary chair of the event. He believes that it is necessary to speak to men about violence against women. “This isn’t a problem with women, it’s OUR problem. It is important that the men who want to see an end to this violence commit to tackling it, by being both vocal and visible”, explains Mr. Basque.

SEXUAL ASSAULT CENTRE NAMES FIRST DIRECTOR (TIMES & TRANSCRIPT)

Mar 5, 2018 - Geneviève Latour wants to change a culture of catcalls and crude sexual humour to one of mutual respect. Latour, the first director of Moncton's new South East Sexual Assault Centre, "says her goal is to foster "change so that in Moncton, women can fell safe going out at night.

LE MILITANTISME POSITIF DE GENEVIÈVE LATOUR (RADIO-CANADA)

Feb. 21, 2018 - Une jeune femme originaire d'Ontario qui se présente comme activiste sociale et féministe devient la première directrice du Centre d'agression sexuelle du Sud-Est.

Show more...

bottom of page